RBC Emerging Artist Award
The 2017 nominations are closed
The RBC Emerging Artist Award is presented by RBC and the Ottawa Arts Council. The recipient will receive a $5,000 award and two other finalists in this award category will receive $1,000 awards.
The Ottawa Arts Council and RBC established the RBC Emerging Artist Award to recognize and encourage the achievements of Ottawa artists who are founding careers in the arts and are working towards becoming recognized professional artists while engaging with the community.
2016 Recipient of the RBC Emerging Artist Award
Guidelines for Eligibility
Recipients for this award must:
- Be in the the emerging stage of their career, with at least three years of professional practice.
- Be nominated by an individual or group (nominators may not nominate more than one individual per category per year).
- Have lived in the National Capital Region (defined as 75km from Parliament Hill), for the previous two years.
- Be involved in Ottawa’s professional arts community and work as a professional artist.
- Be recognized as an emerging artist as evidenced by their body of work.
- Have received public exposure where selection was carried out by an objective, arm’s length body.
- Not have previously received this award.
- Not have been shortlisted for this award in the previous year.
- Not currently enrolled in fulltime training.
- The nominee fully meets the eligibility criteria.
- The nomination is based on the value of the nominee’s body of work outside of basic training.
- The nominee demonstrates commitment to further developing their career.
- The nomination demonstrates community involvement of the nominee.
The award recipient will be required to submit a brief report six months following the presentation to share how his/her work has been impacted.
An individual, collective, or arts organization may nominate a candidate by filling out the appropriate forms, preparing a letter of nomination, organizing letters of support and collecting/submitting support materials.
- Applications must be received by February 15, 2017
- Applications must be submitted via WeTransfer.com
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- Deadline for nominations: February 15, 2017
- Shortlist Announcement: March 30, 2017
- Awards Presentation: May 9, 2017